Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gardening: I Need Some Spring!

I am feeling the gardening itch, and I am so ready for spring to hurry up and get here! We moved into a tiny old house with its own tiny backyard, and I think some gigantic elephant ears are on the top of my list for things to plant first.
I have been obsessively reading up on gardening tips because, although I would like to believe I am a great garden guru, I am not. Last year squirrels ate every one of my tomatoes (we had a container garden on a second story deck), and my bell peppers were mere thimbles.
So here are a couple of photos I liked. I'll probably stick to a lot of container gardening again this year because our dog likes to tear around in the yard like a fiend, and I shudder to think what he would do to a 'real' garden.

Glorious lobelia chandelier I found on Apartment Therapy:


I'm going with a lot of geraniums this year - high impact, low maintenance, and one of the only annuals that really survived the summer last year. Plus, I can plant them in pots and window boxes by the front door, and pretend I live somewhere like the South of France:



What my container garden would look like in my dream life (except for the silly cat statue thing) (Found on beginner-gardening.com):

And, just pure kitschy cuteness (found on motherearthsgarden.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin