Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Food: Crazy Good Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I wanted to call these 'Slap Yer Mama' Good Banana Muffins, but I was afraid I might offend somebody. I've been playing around with a basic muffin recipe for a long time (it started out as a cross between an old friend's recipe and the one in 'How To Cook Everything' by Mark Bittman), and this, I believe, is the final product. Whoohoo!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
makes 12

4 Extremely ripe bananas
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1/3 C melted Butter
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 C Flour (I did half whole wheat, half all-purpose)
1/4 Cup Chopped Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate, or mini semi sweet chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 muffin tin, set aside.
Mash the bananas in a medium bowl, mix in butter, Vanilla and Egg. In a smaller bowl, combine dry ingredients. Fold dry ingredients into banana mixture until just entirely moistened - do not over mix. Fold in chocolate. Spoon into muffin tin. Bake 15 - 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until a tester inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature. It won't matter, because these will be gone in a flash!

1 comment:

  1. I came across your recipe a year ago and this is hands down now my favorite recipe for Banana Muffins. I make them every week for my family. I should know the recipe by heart after a year of making them but when I lost the recipe I had to google "Slap Yer Mama" Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins because that's what I remembered you calling them. LOL! Thanks for the fantastic recipe again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin